Mail completed applications to:Mt.Greylock Regional School District, Attn: District Office - School Choice, 1781 Cold Spring Road, Williamstown, MA 01267
Mount Greylock Regional School District Policy Regarding School Choice:
It is the policy of this School District to admit non-resident students under the terms and conditions of the Interdistrict School Choice Law and under the following local conditions:
1. That by May 1 of every school year, the administration will determine the number of spaces in each school available to choice students.
2. That by June 1 of every school year, if consideration is being given to withdraw from the provisions of the choice law, a public meeting will be held to review this decision.
3. That resident students be given priority placement in any classes or programs within the District.
4. That the selection of non-resident students for admission be in the form of a random drawing when the number of requests exceeds the number of available spaces. There will be two drawings for this purpose. The first will take place during the last week of the current school year but no later than July 1st. The second will be conducted during the week immediately preceding the opening of the next school year and will be based on the possibility of unexpected additional openings.
5. Any student who is accepted for admission under the provisions of this policy is entitled to remain in the District until graduation from high school except if there is a lack of funding of the program.
6. The School Committee affirms its position that it shall not discriminate in the admission of any child on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, homelessness, sexual orientation, ancestry, athletic performance, physical handicap, special need, academic performance or proficiency in the English language.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please feel free to contact the Superintendent’s office at 458-9582, ext 4000.
**Please note that students selected to participate in School Choice are not provided transportation by the District.**
Mail completed applications to:Mt.Greylock Regional School District Attn: District Office - School Choice, 1781 Cold Spring Road, Williamstown, MA 01267
Your request to educate your child at home will be approved upon submission by you of a plan providing the information requested below. (Please note, it is Mount Greylock School Policy to also require parents of students in grades 7 – 12 to complete the Request for Home Education Form.) As you know, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts gives parents the right to educate children at home, provided that a plan for homeschooling is submitted to and approved by a local Superintendent.
Homeschooling should not begin until approval is granted in writing from the Superintendent. It is the intention of the Mount Greylock Regional School District to work with you in the support of your desire to educate your child/ren at home and we will make every effort to facilitate such a program.
Please provide the District office with the following information:
A written statement that you intend to educate your child/ren at home.
A clear description of your proposed curriculum including a list of textbooks and or materials you intend to use. (The Superintendent may request to see these prior to approval.)
The approximate amount of time that will be devoted to each course per day and per week and the number of days of instruction to be provided between September 1 and June 30. These must meet statutory requirements.
Parents, or the persons teaching your child/ren, must “demonstrate/indicate” competency to teach, by providing a list of relevant credentials—such as graduation from high school and/or any advanced college degree or graduate work.
The Superintendent may require periodic standardized testing. The Superintendent may decide where and the type of testing to be done, “in consultation with the parents.” Other means of evaluating the progress of the child, such as progress reports or home visits may be substituted for the formal testing process but only subject to the approval of the parents and the Superintendent.
Parents must re-apply annually. It is recommended that testing/progress reports be provided at that time.